Campaign Preparation Seminar
The Preparation seminar for the online campaign took place in the European Youth Centre Strasbourg between 10-12 October 2012. The seminar was a key event in the preparation of the online campaign. Its primary function was to involve and inform the partners and future actors of the campaign and to prepare the programme of activities of the campaign as well as support and communication structures. The seminar resulted in guidelines and practical proposals for the campaign that were addressed to the Council of Europe (for decision of the Joint Council on Youth) and to the actors in the campaign.
The seminar objectives were:
- To develop a common understanding of the realities of hate speech and the importance of addressing hate speech on-line, and to create a sense of urgency among the stakeholders of the Council of Europe’s youth sector
- To further develop the main messages and approaches of the campaign
- To clarify the means and methods of the campaign in its European and national dimensions
- To elaborate proposals for the programme of key activities of the campaign and tools to be developed, including the roles of the European and national levels
- To associate the campaign preparations with the Council of Europe’s work against hate speech and on Internet governance
- To develop communication, cooperation and partnerships among the national and European stakeholders of the campaign and to create a sense of shared ownership of the project and of the campaign.
In line with the values of co-management and youth participation, the seminar was first and foremost an opportunity for the governmental and non-governmental partners to prepare together the campaign and increase their ownership of the project.
Follow the links below to read more or download here a presentation of the seminar: